All goods sold by Electricfires.co.uk (hereinafter called The Company), are subject to the terms and conditions stated below.
The acceptance of orders means acceptance of the conditions set out below which may not be altered other than in writing, signed by a principal of The Company.
All custom made orders are nonrefundable. These include manufacturers Dru, Bell & Barbas, Vision, Element 4, Stuv, Dg Fires, Spartherm, Gazco, and Stovax.
1. All delivery dates are quoted in good faith and are corrected at the time of order, however, these dates are approximate and subject to change. Under no account will The Company accept responsibility for late deliveries. Nor will late deliveries constitute a good reason for cancellation.
2. The Company strongly recommends that all flues be swept prior to installation. The Company cannot be held responsible for faulty flues, chimneys, or pots prior to, or after installation. When an open pot has been fitted by The Company or another party, The Company cannot be held responsible for any damage to carpets or fireplaces resulting from soot loosened by rain, hail, or snow. This is why it is advisable to have chimneys swept.
Existing chimneys and flues form part of the customer’s property. In the event that the fire fails to operate correctly due to any deficiency in the flue or chimney, the company subcontractor may accept to rectify the problem at the customer’s expense.
3. Due to marble and stone being a product of nature the irregularities vary immensely, no two pieces of marble or stone are the same colour or shade. Grain markings vary, most marbles have natural craters, and open-grain marble can be mistaken for cracks. Marble and stone are subject to filling, polishing, and natural defects.
4. It has been brought to our attention that a lot of cheap imported coal is being used in open fires. As this coal has a higher percentage of volatiles than British coal the temperature reached in these fires is very high, in some cases, we understand the cast iron grates have partially melted. As marble and granite is not fire-resistant, and the temperature reached is higher, the more likely the marble or granite is to crack. By slabbing the marble or granite all we are doing is reducing the amount of heat reaching the marble or granite. By cutting the marble into three pieces we are introducing expansion joints, which reduces the possibility of the marble or granite cracking, however, in no way does this make marble or granite heat resistant or crack-proof. We as a company cannot accept any claims for any slabbed panels or hearth cracking installation.
5. Please make sure that there is clear and ready access to your gas meter, as fitters will not be able to test for gas escape. Customers should ensure that the room is cleared and all Hi-fi/TV equipment, ornaments, and furniture are disconnected and removed prior to the arrival of our fitters, as no responsibility will be accepted for any damage. Debris may not be removed from the installation, as a special license is required for this. The customer must confirm with the fitter prior to installation what debris is to be removed.
6. All deposits are non-refundable and all orders irrevocable unless agreed by The Company. All outstanding monies are due 3 days prior to delivery, unless agreed otherwise. All cheques to be paid to The Company 14 days prior to delivery unless otherwise agreed.
7. Any unaccounted for work required on the day of fitting (necessary) to the installation of the purchase will be charged to the customer by the fitter on the day. Prices are inclusive of VAT unless shown as additional to the total. The Company does not accept any responsibility for or guarantee any fire disconnected or connected by us that has not been supplied by us.
8. (Guarantee or otherwise, The Company will not accept responsibility for any redecoration or damage to supply goods only). Gas Safe requires its’ members to work to recognised standards. Therefore, in the interest of safety, DO NOT ALLOW ANY NON-REGISTERED PERSON TO INSTALL THE APPLIANCE. In addition, it is likely to lead to damage to the appliance and invalidate the guarantee. We shall not be held responsible for poor workmanship by other parties, hence having no obligation to correct their work. Goods will be delivered in good condition, upon which a signature will be taken. All recommended fitters are self-employed and The Company will not be held responsible for any fitting problems.
MULTI FUEL AND WOOD BURNING STOVES
1. The following items on any multi-fuel or wood-burning appliance are NOT covered under warranty: grate bars, stove glass, door seals, and glass seals.
2. Fuel for any solid fuel appliance must be purchased from an approved coal or wood merchant and have relevant documentation for any warranty claim.
3. All solid fuel appliances must be serviced once within every 12 month period and swept at least once if using smokeless fuel, or twice if using bituminous coal.
4. All solid fuel appliances must be fitted by a HETAS approved engineer, failure to do so will invalidate any warranty claim.
WARRANTY ON GAS APPLIANCES
1. All gas appliances must be installed by a Gas Safe registered engineer and serviced at least once every 12 months, in the case of products with extended warranties it is a stipulation of the terms of the warranty, this must be arranged with a Gas Safe fitter. We require a copy of the gas safety certificate issued on the day, or the last service by a Gas Safe registered installer before we proceed with a warranty claim.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
2. Bank Transfer
3. Online Payment (credit card payments subject to 2.5% charge)
5. Building Society Cheque
6. Bankers Draft
7. Visa, Mastercard, or Switch (credit card payments subject to 2.5% charge)
8. Personal Cheques (14 working days required for clearance before goods can be delivered)
2. A minimum of 25% cancellation charge will apply to orders canceled; this at the management discretion.
1. The Company examines goods before leaving the premises of The Company and after their departure is at the customers’ risk. The Company will accept no responsibility for damage caused by careless handling, storage, or incorrect fitting.
1. All returns will not be accepted without original packaging.
2. All returns are subject to prior arrangement with management.
3. It is the customer’s sole responsibility that any arranged returns meet the companies returns policy.
4. Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a right to cancel your order for any item purchased on this website at any time before the goods are dispatched or within 7 days of receiving your goods. Cancellations within this period qualify for a full refund, excluding the cost of return postage if applicable, providing you take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in your possession. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
5. If you wish to cancel your order at any time later than the 7 days following receipt of your goods there will be a restocking charge of 30%. To receive any refund you must return the goods to us within 28 days of delivery.
1. The Company must be informed in writing, within three days of receipt of the goods, of any damages or shortages that may have occurred through transit, otherwise, no claim will be accepted.
2. All goods carry a manufacturer’s guarantee (except showroom displays), in the unlikely event that any fire or surround has to be removed and re-fitted at any time under the guarantee or otherwise. The Company will not be responsible for any redecoration or damage of any kind.
3. The Company retains full title, and rights of ownership of any and all goods supplied until such time as payment in full is received.
4. Any dispute arising from this contract shall be deemed to fall within the jurisdiction of the court at The Company’s discretion and will be dealt with in accordance with the Sale of Goods and Services Act.
5. Orders under the value of £100 are to be paid in full at the time of ordering.
6. Deposits will only be valid for 3 months after the date of order unless the property is a new build or the management state otherwise.
7. All B-grade surrounds and ex-showroom displays sold must be paid in full and collected or delivered within 14 days from date of order, subject to management decision.